Thursday 5 June 2008

Simpson set to make country record

Jessica Simpson has moved to Nashville to begin work on her first country album.
Speaking to Billboard.com about her decision to record a country album, Simpson said: "I am a country girl. I grew up in Texas, and country music was what I listened to. I always wanted to make a country album, but I wanted to wait until the time was right."
Simpson said that some of her musical inspirations were Shania Twain, Faith Hill, Reba McEntire and Martina McBride.
"I think there is a strength in female country artists," she said.
When asked what had surprised her most since moving to Nashville to begin work on the album, Simpson said: "Nashville is a very warm city. The people are friendly and kind. There is a sense of community, which thrives on music. There is no animosity ... only respect for one another's talent."
The album is due out later this year on the Columbia Nashville label.